Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Sweetness

Today I met a friend of mine from the Coast Guard and a group of her friends at Discovery Park for Shakespeare in the Park and we watched Antony and Cleopatra. It was a wonderful rendition of a great story and I loved sitting out in the sunshine at the park. I couldn't help but think about how this was a remarkable way to spend a day and how each day of my trip has been fabulous despite the airline losing one of my bags. I attribute a great deal of this to some of the things I have been learning in class. I didn't fret over the lost bag and have put the idea of envisioning the worst case scenario (not getting the bag back) and also thinking about the best case scenario (getting the bag back) and contemplating the likelihood of either of those situations. It helped me to realize that either way I am spending some time visiting great people I don't get to see very often en route to a climbing trip that I am positive is going to be an amazing experience for me. We finished the evening by traveling to some other friend's apartment that has a rooftop BBQ area for tenants and had a fantastic Sunday Dinner and enjoyed some wonderful conversation. I had a great day and made a bunch of new Coast Guard friends. All of this has me very excited to see what the rest of the week has in store.


No comments:

Post a Comment