Sunday, July 24, 2011

Adaptable

On Friday I headed off to the airport to begin my journey to Washington State to go climb Mt. Adams. I barely made my flight and was a little worried about my luggage making it on board since it had all my climbing gear in it. During my layover in Denver my flight was canceled due to mechanical failure on our scheduled plane. I then spent a couple of hours in the customer service line waiting to see what my new travel arrangements would be. I was told the earliest confirmed flight I could get was Sunday morning. They listed me on some standby flights, but I had already decided to make the most of it and find a place to enjoy some higher altitude since that is why I was heading out to Washington a week early. I then decided to see if I could make the last flight on Friday night and if I didn't I was going to enjoy the city and not stress about my circumstances. I was the last standby passenger to be accepted onto the flight and as I was boarding I checked my phone and discovered that some distant family & a good friend who lived in Denver wanted to spend the day together if I was stuck there. I was a little sad to be boarding once I discovered this, but was glad that I was prepared to have fun regardless of my circumstances. Once I landed in Seattle I learned that the airline had misplaced one of my bags, but the bag with all my climbing gear had safely arrived. Now I am just missing all my clothes and my climbing boots. Hopefully it will arrive soon, but I will enjoy this trip regardless of the things that come up along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment