Saturday, June 4, 2011

Selfishness

In my quest to gain a greater understanding of the principle Hardiness, I had to take some time to take a step back and do some self-analysis. As I read High Altitude Leadership, a quote lingered in my mind of "Selfishness kills people, profits, and possibilities. You already know this persistent danger that stalks organizations at every altitude. It doesn't take long to smell it coming" I started to think about a lot of emotions that I have been holding back lately. Part of me wanted to sound them out to those around me, but I held back. I went through an internal debate about if it were more positive to share them, or just to move on and shoulder the burden myself. Sharing those emotions would be selfish in so many ways. In most cases it is a wise practices to share emotions, but what I realized during this thought process was that my reasons for wanting to share them were completely selfish and that is not the type of person I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment