Sunday, June 26, 2011

Adapting to the Situation

I spent the week of June 13 in Orlando at Disney world. I have a lot of activities planned this summer and had to make a peace offering to my wife and take the family on a trip. We went there with my family, my brother-in-law & his wife. We spent a day making the 10 hour drive and then 4 days in Orlando where we went to the 4 amusement parks & the 2 water parks and then we made the drive home. After this trip I came to the conclusion that Disney trips should be classified as an endurance sport after spending over 12 hours a day doing activities. I had a blast, but had to modify my training plan to fit the trip. There were no work out facilities at the condo and very little free time to fit in work outs, so I made sure and took my daughter on my shoulders everywhere we went and all throughout the parks. One day at the water park there were no lines at all, so I would ride a slide and then run the stairs up to the slide and ride again. I got a lot of weird looks from people as I rode water slides at a record setting pace. I also ran the lazy river; one of the lifeguards yelled to me that I wasn't being very lazy, which made me feel like I had really been accomplishing my goals.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment