Monday, June 6, 2011

Postpartum

I recently took ORGL 550 & 551 and had an amazing experience. We bonded together as a class stronger than any other class I have been a part of. I invested myself physically, emotionally, and spiritually to this team more deeply than I ever had in the past. When the week was over, I was filled with a sense of emptiness as we all left in our different directions. I was filled with a plethora of emotions and attempted to provide a voice to them during my layover en route back home. I have just recently developed an appreciation for poetry and attempted to compose one of my own. I took a big risk exposing my emotional self to the team, but I received amazing rewards and my love for others has deepened. Here is my weak attempt at poetry:


Walking in filled with apprehension
Scanning the room, frozen by beauty
Holding all expectations in suspension
Reviewing discussions, realizing deeper reality

Began by bringing whole and best self
Feeling gravity's pull without a parachute
Attempting to keep emotions hidden on the shelf
Heart yelling, safe-rational thought became mute

Abandoning the comfort, new possibilities emerged
Sensing the depth of another's heart
Bonds were solidified, paths converged
Feeling new passion, wondering when did it start?

Like a caterpillar in a cocoon, metamorphosis occurred
Flood of thoughts cracked the anchor chain
Left pondering how much had been observed
The change of tides won't allow my previous state to remain


No comments:

Post a Comment